Cornerstone Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school located in the Indian River Area of Chesapeake serving Pre-3 through 5th grade in a traditional classroom setting. Our main goals are to motivate our students to learn, to increase their knowledge of God and His love for them, and help them reach their full potential!
Cornerstone Christian School:
- Offers Pre-3 through 5th grade
- Promotes a positive, safe, and nurturing environment
- Has highly qualified teaching staff
- Serves Chesapeake, Va. Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth
- Has been in continuous operation since 1972
- Is a member of Association of Christian Schools International
- Aligns academic curriculum to meet state of Virginia standards
- Maintains low pupil/teacher ratio ~ Average 10 to 1
- Our full day Preschool classes offer competitive day care rates with an excellent academic program.
We cover the academic areas of Reading, Language, Spelling, Math, Science, Social Studies and Bible. However, we are much more! We believe the child must be a well rounded, balanced learner. Each student brings unique talents and needs to the classroom. We work toward helping and motivating each child to meet his or her full potential.
News & Events
2014-2015 PTF CALENDAR
Our Parent/Teacher Fellowship would like to welcome our new and returning students! We will be having regular meetings throughout the year. See the PTF calendar for dates!
Help support Cornerstone Christian School by participating in our annual fundraiser at www.VirginiaDiner.com! See directions below:
God does not distinguish between people on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin, but freely calls all men and women to repentance and a new life in Christ. Cornerstone Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin in admissions, staffing, or any other aspect of its program or policies.
Closings: School closings will be posted on Wavy 10 news and on our website. Please be aware that we DO NOT always follow Chesapeake Public School decisions.