Cornerstone Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school located in the Indian River Area of Chesapeake serving Pre-3 through 5th grade in a traditional classroom setting. Our main goals are to motivate our students to learn, to increase their knowledge of God and His love for them, and help them reach their full potential!
Cornerstone Christian School:
- Offers Pre-3 through 5th grade
- Promotes a positive, safe, and nurturing environment
- Has highly qualified teaching staff
- Serves Chesapeake, Va. Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth
- Has been in continuous operation since 1972
- Is a member of Association of Christian Schools International
- Aligns academic curriculum to meet state of Virginia standards
- Maintains low pupil/teacher ratio ~ Average 10 to 1
We cover the academic areas of Reading, Language, Spelling, Math, Science, Social Studies and Bible. However, we are much more! We believe the child must be a well rounded, balanced learner. Each student brings unique talents and needs to the classroom. We work toward helping and motivating each child to meet his or her full potential.
News & Events
Calling all current and prospective families! We will be having an open house on Thursday, May 29th from 3:30-5:30. Come out for food, games, and fun! Meet your child's teacher for next year and tour the school. It will be a time of fun for the whole family!
- April 14th- April 18th: Spring Break
- April 28th-May 2nd: Achievement Testing
- May 9th: Mothers' Day Tea
- May 22nd: Spring Musical
- May 29th: Open House
- June 6th: Awards Ceremony/Last Day of School
- June 16th-August 8th Summer Program
God does not distinguish between people on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin, but freely calls all men and women to repentance and a new life in Christ. Cornerstone Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin in admissions, staffing, or any other aspect of its program or policies.
Closings: School closings will be posted on Wavy 10 news and on our website. Please be aware that we DO NOT always follow Chesapeake Public School decisions.