Cornerstone Christian School is a non-denominational Christian school located in the Indian River Area of Chesapeake serving Pre-3 through 6th grade. Our main goals are to motivate our students to learn, to increase their knowledge of God and His love for them, and help them reach their full potential!
Cornerstone Christian School:
- Offers Pre-3 through 6th grade
- Promotes a positive, safe, and nurturing environment
- Has highly qualified teaching staff
- Serves Chesapeake, Va. Beach, Norfolk and Portsmouth
- Has been in continuous operation since 1972
- Is a member of Association of Christian Schools International
- Aligns academic curriculum to meet state of Virginia standards
- Maintains low pupil/teacher ratio ~ Average 10 to 1
- Our full day Preschool classes offer competitive day care rates with an excellent academic program.
We cover the academic areas of Reading, Language, Spelling, Math, Science, Social Studies and Bible. However, we are much more! We believe the child must be a well rounded, balanced learner. Each student brings unique talents and needs to the classroom. We work toward helping and motivating each child to meet his or her full potential.
News & Events
We are so grateful for our monthly pledge donors and financial supporters. If you would like to become a monthly pledge donor of the school, or make a one time donation, just click on the link below and follow the instructions.
Each year at Cornerstone we choose a Biblical theme. This topic is covered in chapel each week and reinforced in the classroom by teachers. It is always amazing to see how God uses His word to speak to the students at Cornerstone. The Spiritual theme for this year is "The Fruit of the Spirit." We are excited to see how God grows each of us through this powerful message in the 2017-2018 school year!
God does not distinguish between people on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin, but freely calls all men and women to repentance and a new life in Christ. Cornerstone Christian School does not discriminate on the basis of color or national or ethnic origin in admissions, staffing, or any other aspect of its program or policies.